The title “receptionist” is attributed to the person who is specifically employed by an organisation to receive or greet any visitors, patients, or clients and answer telephone calls.
Being the Face of the Organisation – first impressions are lasting impressions; there is no second chance, when you are dealing with people, either face to face or on the telephone. Receptionists are the shop window to your organisation; the image they present is a vital component for the success of any business and the one that the customer or visitor takes away with them.
This course is for PA’s, reception staff, customer services staff and office administrators.
• First impressions – effect on the caller / visitor
• Building personal confidence
• The effect of words, tone and voice
• Understanding the need for good listening skills
• Developing a questioning technique, prompting answers on which to base decisions
• Taking responsibility for the call, handling messages
• The caller’s perspective, ‘What would I expect from me?’
• Personal discipline and control, handling pressure
• Summarising callers wants and needs – action and agreement
• Reception security management skills
• Managing visitor/caller records
Effective communication CODE: EGTL – 007
Taking Ownership of that Call CODE: EGTL – 013
• Present a positive personal image to customers
• Use appropriate styles of communication, including questioning and listening techniques
• Receive and make effective telephone calls
• Respond to callers’ needs & deal with difficult callers
For more information or to book any of our courses
Call: NG +234 (0) 812 0009288, 08107561680, 08131521826